Monday, June 30, 2014

Letter 6.30.14- Been Kinda Rough:/

#hollaatyogirlitreallyhappen
#byebyepresandsisteraugustin
#hellopresandsisheap!
#tlmexplodingwithmissionaries!

Such a great week! I can't wait to explain it all to you so let’s just get started.

So these past few months have been REALLY HARD. I don't really know why but I think I am not used to doing the same thing for so long. Like when I went to college it was on for 3- off for 3. When I was a nanny it was for 3 months. I hadn't done the same things everyday for 10 months. So that along with some other things has been hard. My ALACRITY (eagerness…Side note: Mom had to look that word up in the dictionaryJ Haha!) and enthusiasm for the work has been low and I have just not been truly happy within myself and I didn't know why!!! It was so frustrating! And I didn't know how to get out of it. So this week the zone leaders called.
Bless their souls… they tried to be really nice and be helpful but it backfired.
So it's the first week of the transfer so they give each of the sisters a call to pump us up.... Well this one was awkward. They got on the phone and said...
 "Do y’all have a mirror at your house...?"
 (We are sisters…. of course we have a mirror!)
 "We want ya both to go and stand in front of it.
 (okay- we get there)
 "What do y’all see" -MIND YOU THESE ARE ELDERS.... SO AWKWARD AWKWARD AWKWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---- We respond, “Sister Missonaries------“
"We want y’all to look even deeper..............What do you see?"
___ First of all, this is awkward so we really aren't participating. So we just stand there..........
Finally we jump though the hoops of this game and hang up.

___ Here is where it goes wrong. If they really wanted to know what I saw they would have been on the phone for a while and they can't even help struggling sisters, so I didn't tell them and I held it in. (Well not well because Siski knew something was wrong and eventually some other sister knew. So anyway..... I didn't do anything about it.
The next day after continuing to struggle I went to take a nap during my lunch and the STLs (sister training leaders sister Dunham/Brown) called, and they said:
Sister Dawes, are you alone?
I said, “Yes.” They said, “We have been thinking a lot about you lately. Are you okay......?” #inspiredsisters I tell them no and tell them what happened. So then my mom (Sister Dunham) was like, “Well Sister Dawes, when you looked in the mirror what did you see?”
HERE COME THE WATER WORKS 
(I just want to say I'VE ONLY “SAD CRIED” ON MY MISSION MAYBE 3 OR 4 TIMES OKAY…)
So here I am sobbing on the phone… telling them how exhausted I am and how unenergetic I am, and really how I am just tired!!!!!! They gave me great words of advice. Then there was a pause and Sister Brown got on the phone and said, “Sister Dawes, I want you to do something. Every hour of every day for a while, if not your whole mission, I want you to take 5 min. of that hour and read the Book of Mormon.” She promised me that if I did that I would be given the strength to get though the next hour.

WELL, I NOW HAVE A TESTIMONY THAT! THE BOOK OF MORMON GIVES YOU STRENGTH BEYOND YOUR OWN CAPABILITIES! As I have taken 5 min from my hour to read I naturally start out with a prayer so I am praying more than I ever have, and I am reading more than I ever have, and I am being strengthened! It is a miracle!!!

SO FOR ANYONE/MISSIONARIES HAVING A HARD TIME… DO THIS! IT WORKS!!

So Saturday the Missionaries were in charge of putting on a WARD BBQ............ NOT A MISSIONARY’S RESPONSIBILITY TO COORDINATE A BBQ...... Well, it being summer and all so many ward members were out of town.... A lot of things fell though. But on a good note we had 3 investigators there and so that = success. And all three were Baptists.
And that is over so that will take away a lot of my stress...
Also, we were asked to teach the 5th Sunday lesson, so that was crazy stressful because we were trying to work with 3 new elders to the ward and SHOOT DANG-- IT WAS HARD. Nonetheless... the Spirit took over. The lesson was AMAZING… and it ended in tears.

For all that read this…  I am gaining a testimony of ACTIVE member lessons and of teaching active members the message of the restoration. "As your testimony of the atonement and of Jesus Christ’s gospel grows your desire to share the message will increase."

COMMITMENT: WILL EACH OF YOU CONTACT THE MISSIONARIES AND ASK THEM TO COME TO A FAMILY HOME EVENING AND TEACH THE RESTORATION? ASK THEM IF THEY HAVE A FAMILY MISSION PLAN AND SET GOALS. SO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO HEAR THE MESSAGE OF THE RESTORATION. TRY IT. MAKE A FAMILY MISSION PLAN! THE LORD ASKED US TO INVITE!!!
SO START INVITING!

Anyway, I am growing everyday and my testimony is growing!!!
We have such a huge week. On Wednesday we get to meet President Heap!
So that is exciting!

Have such a great week. Love, y’all!!!  

PICTURES:
1) The new district...but the camera was on a timer and they didn't hold still.
2)  The headbands that Mckayla and Lexi made us 


No comments:

Post a Comment