Monday, December 2, 2013

Still in Brownwood--Letter from 12.2.13

Letter from December 2, 2013

~~~~~~ This is an excerpt from President Agustin’s e-mail!
(Each week he tell us who has had baptism... until this week we've never been on the list, but TODAY WE WERE!!!!!)~~~~~~~~~~

"And this last week was a good start---18 more souls accepted the 'good news' of the restored gospel. We congratulate Sisters Kramer/Archibald, McKell/Davidson, Luke, Ethington/Clark; Barlow/Bradford, Dunham, Dawes/Clark, and Elders Webb/Anderson, Gerber, Hebdon/Horsman (5), Kunkel, Dalley/Morley (2), and King, Culter/Yorgenson (2), Orton/Meibos/White (2), and Rentmeister/Jones.”

 ____ This email is very cool because Luke, Ethington/Clark <---- Thats my Amanda Clark! Then US!!! Then King, Cutler and Yorgeson  as well as Bradford and Barlow are in my district-- so we had JUST IN OUR DISTRICT 4 baptisms :)
Before I tell you about the experience, let me tell you about what y’all are wondering about..... TRANSFERS!!!

WELL, HERE IS THE NEWS !!! Sister Dunham got a call from President at about 10:30. She has been asked to train another sister and they are replacing all of the sisters in San Angelo so she will still be my sister training leader but not my companion! Sister Clark and I didn't get our assignment until about 12:50 with Elder Holt (AP) called.... We are staying here in Brownwood for Christmas!! And we get to add a sister to our companionship! SISTER FIFE!!!! She has been out for about 7 1/2 months and she is going to be our Senior companion :) So we are still here!!

So, here was our Sunday :) We went to bed at about 1:30 (transfer party- THAT'S NOT NORMAL/ I HATE TRANSFER PARTIES) We woke up at 6:30... Well, I did... Sister Dunham never sleeps after she is asked to train-- so poor girl didn't sleep at all....! We did our normal morning routine, then sped right over to Jack and Amy's ! They were up ready to go!! Amy said she didn't sleep at all due to excitement and her house showed it!!! She had painted her house! ha ha ha :) So we leave for church, we get there, then church starts ---but JACK AND AMY AREN'T THERE!! SO WE ARE FREAKING OUT!!!! WHAT THE WHAT??? WHERE IS AMY!!!! Turns out she forgot her whities so they had to go back to get them!!

NEXT AWESOME THING!!! THEY BROUGHT AMY'S EX-HUSBAND TO CHURCH AND TO THE BAPTISM SO BROWNWOOD NOW HAS A NEW INVESTIGATOR  :) So we do our Sunday thing, then right after church IT'S TIME FOR A BAPTISM!!!

Amy goes and changes. I gave a talk about baptism and Sister Clark about the Holy Ghost. Then she went and got in the water with Brother Ferrer..... Well............ First she doesn't like water....

The first time her hand didn't go under.
Second time Bro Ferrer didn't raise his arm to the square And the third was the GOLDEN TIME :) HA HA HA !!!

SO AMY IN NOW A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week has been a great week!!! ha ha ha
5 letters from Nessa
1 letter from Britt
and a PACKAGE FROM MY GREAT FAMILY!!!

It was so fun to open it!! We hung the tree right away, and I must really love what I am doing because the pictures didn't even make me homesick! I love looking at them and having a reminder about everyone, but "when your engulfed in the work you don't have time to be homesick". That's were I am at, and I didn't think I would get to this point!

Then when I opened the gifts I was just soooo exited!!! I was soooo worried you wouldn't understand what I was saying, but those visuals are THE BEST MEGGIE!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOO PLEASED!!

Another great thing was we are now teaching a black lady! Her name is Mary and she has a daughter named Zoey! She is just like Amy and Jack-- just ready to accept everything we give to her!! We taught the Plan of Salvation (so she was the first one I used my visuals for!) And she LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!! When we got to spirit world and spirit prison she was not to sure about that because she thought if you don't get it here or you don't accept "sucks to be you"! But then we talked about it and we told her to pray about it and she said, "Oh, I don't need to, I already know it's true! My heart is at peace and I just love that :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHH

A 3 MONTHS OF HARD WORK AND THE LORD CONTINUES TO BLESS US!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SOOOO MUCH!!!

Also for Thanksgiving- holidays aren't holidays
1. If they aren't in Utah (because there isn't snow and some days are not cold) 
2. Without the Dawes/ Morley family :) 

Thanksgiving we went to the Reynolds-- the only family in the ward --so we ate with them!! We had fried turkey and everything else. I just want to point out I AM THAT FAMILY’s FAVORITE MISSIONARY BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS ASK ME TO DO MY FIONA VOICE AND THIS WEEK I TAUGHT THEM THE ANIMAL IMPERSINATIONS. It would be awesome if someone would send me an email with all the rest of the animals because I can't remember them, but I need more of a variety :) 

Anyway, family and friends, the church it true.. the book is blue.. and Jesus is a Mormon! Remember the reason for the season!
 and WHY IS TODAY A GREAT DAY?!?!?!? 
BECAUSE I AM A MISSIONARY!! 

~~~~~needles to say!! I love what I am doing :) 
Have a great week everyone!!
Love y’all so much!!! 

Sister Clark is supposed to send pictures :) 

And mom maybe Diana got pictures because, well there are two options.... either 1. Nater is apostate....(and he isn't) or 2. A member must have sent them....
Other than that, I have no idea how that could have happened :) I don't talk to that elder :) 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment