Monday, November 25, 2013

HaPpY ThAnKsGiViNg! Letter for 11.25.13

This week has been a strange one!! I would love too just say, I HOPE EVERYONE HAS AN AWESOME THANKSGIVING! I will have so much to be thankful for! Here are a few things...

1. I have been blessed to have 3 amazing companions! Although I lost Sister Amanda Clark last transfer I was able to be companions with Sister Maranda and, wow, she is fantastic! I have THE BEST trainer in the world! And I only have 1 week left until I am done training !!!! :)

2. My second transfer calls will be happening this Saturday :) We will see what happens :) I feel like I might leave, but I don't really know what that is like so maybe I am just making that thought up.... ? :) I don't want to leave, but if the Lord wants me elsewhere then I shall leave :)

3. The best thing...............................3 months of hard work is going to pay off!!!! I WILL HAVE MY FIRST BAPTISM THIS SUNDAY AFTER CHURCH!!! It was supposed to be Saturday but yesterday church was canceled so she wasn't able to go to church...
Amy has accepted and has changed her life to live the standards God has set for her! It has been such a blessing to see her and her husband’s lives change! They have quit smoking and drinking coffee, they keep all the commandments, they pray as a couple, and as a family! They are just amazing! That is what I wanted! I just wanted to be able to bless families and there is a new blessed family!!!

4. I am so grateful for church in my life. Yesterday I wasn't able to attend church or do missionary work due to the mission being shut down and terrible weather! Saturday Sister Dunham was sick so we were in and out of the house and doing splits with the other sisters. Then on Sunday we found out the mission was going to be shut down for the day!!!!! WHO KNEW TEXAS COULD GET ICY AND COLD?!?!?! I DID NOT PREPARE FOR THAT!!!

5. I am so grateful for an amazing family. Being out here I realize how blessed I am. My family writes me pretty regularly. Some sisters never get written. My family supports me. They share their love, and I know my family prays for me. I know my family is being blessed!

6. I am grateful for the knowledge I am gaining! I am learning how to dissect and love reading the scriptures! I had no idea how much the scriptures were written for missionaries and what not! They aren't just full of stories-- they are written to change people’s lives, and they are changing mine :) My quad is going to look very used by the time I am done here :) It's going to be great!

7. I am grateful for these 18 months! I found something out this week. I found the true meaning to the phrase "idol hands are the devil’s workshop." This week we did exchanges with San Angelo sisters and there is one sister whose back has been KILLING HER, so she has gotten permission to rest inside for a while because she can hardly walk, let alone do the work. So I spent about 6 hours inside not doing anything missionary- related work-- and wow!!! The devil was trying to get in my head, but more in hers because she has been inside for nearly a week--- and wow! If you’re not constantly busy like PMG (Preach My Gospel) says, the devil WILL SIT AND WORK ON YOU AND IT'S ALL IN YOUR THOUGHTS! The "I'm not good enough” or whatever else-- man those thoughts kill missionaries!!! And I hope she isn't dying inside." But I am grateful I have a healthy body and mind to keep me going so the devil doesn't have time to get me!!!! It's awesome!
Anybody thinking about it-- prepare!! It's great!!!

I hope everyone has a great week!!! The church is true. Most importantly, I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. I have never gone a day in my life when I didn't know the truth and I didn't know my purpose in life :) This gospel is pure and amazing!!

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!
:)
With so much love :)

**** Oh, I forgot! I am having Thanksgiving meal with the Reynold’s family :) We don't get to proselyte, so that will be rough, but it will be fun. We plan to go visit a lot of single women in the ward so they will have company :)

I hope you eat lots of great fooooooodddd :)
SISTER DAWES

No comments:

Post a Comment