Monday, May 5, 2014

Letter for 5.5.14

Hello Friends and Family,
Let’s come to reality for a second.... Remember when Sunday is Mother’s Day and I get to call the greatest mom in the world!!!!! SO EXCITED!!! Scary thought about that though is..... this will be the 2nd time I call home!!!! AND I ONLY CALL HOME 3 TIMES! eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk!!!!!!! It is insane to think I have been out 8 and almost a 1/2 months! Eeeeeekkkkkkkkkk!! So much has happened! I love being a missionary!!!!!!!

Alright, not a whole lot has happened so I am just going to tell you some feelings of my heart.

It all started 8 months ago when I entered the MTC. That was hard. I definitely didn't have “greenie fire” when I got out here... I went a few months without that fire. Trying to gain a little spark… and it came…
 it grew and grew, and at my 4th transfer SISTER TURNER and I worked our butts off and flame was there--- but wasn't quite a fire. 

My 5th transfer may be one of the most memorable transfers of my life. It started out so amazing! When I got here to Clovis I was on fire! (I finally had felt that feeling that people talk about feeling when they get off the air plane). I was seriously out to change Clovis for the better!  And Sister Scott and I worked hard. That transfer changed my mission. While at my spiritual high- Satan stinks and sent some darts to put out my flame and sadly he won that battle. After not heeding subtle promptings of the spirit, Sister Scott and my transfer started a long spiral down. Her depression kicked in and I was in a rut I didn't know how to get out of. Man it was hard. We were separated and I was given one of the greatest missionaries out on a mission!
SIS CRIST! Shoot Dang!!! Sadly, when she was put with me I was still in a rut I didn't know how to get out of. We worked hard but Satan was still having a blast (btw- I was never apostate or anything like that, so don't get that impression, but my heart was sad.) Ip until this week I was struggling!

THIS WEEK WE HAD ZONE TRAINING AND AHHHHHHH IT WAS THE BEST THING OF MY LIFE!!!!! IT PUMPED ME UP SO MUCH!!!!! Sister Christofferson and I are not the same missionaries we were Monday! No-- we are changed!!! She found her purpose and I got my purpose and electricity back!!!! It is such a wonderful feeling for me to truly know what my purpose is!
Something amazing happened. I kind of feel like a part of my mission is to help the less actives. If you remember Josie and Lynn, they are still doing so amazing, but I know my person here in Clovis is Candice. Oh my goodness!!! She is so amazing! I wish I had time to tell you more, but long story short, she has been to church EVERY SUNDAY WITH HER KIDS FOR THE PAST 9 WEEKS. AND SHE BORE HER TESTIMONY YESTERDAY!!!! IT WAS THE MOST TENDER THING IN THE WORLDS.... !!!!!!!
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!!

I HAVE TO END ON THAT NOTE BECAUSE I HAVE TO EMAIL PRESIDENT SO THIS LETTER I FEEL IS VERY CHOPPY... SORRY ABOUT THAT... BOTTOM LINE I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!
LOVE SISTER DAWES

Brinne's Mission companion, Sis Cris, sent these pictures of Brinne:

This one is of Brinne and Candice's daughter...she still loves the babies!!

This one is of Brinne teaching a frog what they learned.

I guess Brinne was not too happy with Sis Cris....maybe it's because she gave her a bruise (in the next pic.)

Sis Cris punched brinne for kicking her off the bed in her sleep. Sis. Cris ended up sleeping on the floor after that....:/ (I hope it was all done in fun!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment