Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day Letter

Hello!
Well yesterday was such a wonderful day! Got to talk to the best mom in the world and to the greatest family! Love them all. I haven't got much to say this week because I already talked to them all about everything!!! So I will just tell everyone the best part of the week!

So as y’all know James got baptized on April 12 and Jeff got baptized on April 19th
Well, this weekend was ward recent convert and youth temple day!!!! LOVE THE TEMPLE! Both Jeff and James were sooooo exited to go! We had been pumpin' them up for the trip all week (they really didn't need any pumpin' up)! So we see both of them on Friday. They are both feeling really well. Jeff and his wife Jenny were preparing family names so they could do baptisms for Jeff’s parents and grandparents. (Jenny hasn't been to the temple in YEARS) So they were so exited. We saw James and he was stoked!!! Well, Saturday morning during studies we get a call from the elders saying they had just gotten back from James house and that James had been sick all night long throwing up and all that jazz. So they asked James if he wanted a blessing. James said yes so the elders gave him a wonderful blessing saying basically that if you sit and read your scriptures for then next hour and don't throw up you should go to the temple. Well, let’s just say I HAVE A TESTIMONY OF PRIESTHOOD BLESSINGS AND HOW THEY TRULY ARE ACCORDING TO YOUR FAITH!!!! James DID go to the temple not feeling sick at all throughout the day!!! That evening when we went to see him he was telling us. "Ya know I was so excited for this all week long and Satan… he just isn't going to take my joy away from me. This is my joy, my joy!!!!!!" I have never met a man with more faith than him. It was such a testimony builder for me! And we only got to talk with Jeff for a second, but he loved it so much as well. He is so sad he only got to see a little of the temple and that he has to wait a year to see the rest of it!!! James told us he tried to sneak into the other areas :) ha ha ha He is so great!!! The ward really took care of them!!!! I am so happy :)
Little things like that is what missionary work is all about. This week was pretty rough. We don't have any investigators really. We went and set really bold expectations with an investigator that hasn't progressed at all in 3 transfers. He is our only investigator. We have been fasting and praying a lot for new investigators. Prayers in our behalf would be wonderful! Also, transfers are approaching and it makes me ill to think about... not a fan of transfers. I am not ready to go, but I feel I might have fulfilled my purpose here in Clovis. We will see. I think my purpose was to help Candace come back to church. She told me the reason she is coming back to church is because of something I said. I guess the first time I met her I said something like. "I can't remember a Sunday in my life where my family just didn't go to church." That day she made the commitment to herself that she was going to do that for her kids. And she has been to church for nearly 10- or 11 weeks straight! So that is wonderful!!!!! So the reason I feel like my purpose might be done is... she will be moving to Utah in the next month or so. So that just kills me.
Anyway, I know the church is true and the lord truly does put us where he needs us. However, you can be made sure no matter what the outcome of Saturday night is, there will be tears. If I stay there will be tears of joy. If I leave they will be alligator tears of sadness for leaving the greatest BFC (best friend companion) in the WORLD. :)
The church is still true!!!!

Have such a wonderful week!!!
Love,

Sis Daw

No comments:

Post a Comment