Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Brinne's HUMP DAY Letter 5.27.14

Those pictures sure did look real! Sister Ludwinski came nearly 2 weeks early :)

Well, let’s just start from the beginning. Shoot. Dang.  This week feels like an eternity!

Monday was spent packing everything up! And saying goodbyes;(

Tuesday Sister Christofferson and I drove to Lubbock and hung out at the church with a bunch of other missionaries for a little while waiting for the transfer bus. A little before it came we were introduced to our trainees!!!!
SISTER LUDWINSKI is great!!!! I guess she was a little homesick. Sister Augustin told me, but to me she seems to be doing well. (When you’re working hard you don't have time to be homesick!) When the bus came we all got our things together and departed ways. Let’s be honest. Saying goodbye to Sister Christofferson nearly killed me! I love her so much and I know she will be great, but it is so hard! Sister Ludwinski and I weren't able to go to Midland until Wednesday, so we were taken to some other sister’s area and got right to work learning how to contact people!!!!

We saw a way cool miracle! We were almost done with our day when we saw 2 men. As we approached I noticed they were Vivint workers (generally Mormon). I asked if they were and they said “Yes” and that the people they had just installed a system for had just been asking about Utah and Mormons. They told us to go talk to them! So we did! We were able to set up an appointment for the other sisters! We hope all goes well....

WEDNESDAY! At 8:00 we went to the transfer site and it took 9 months, but it FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SAW ELDER THOMPSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sadly, I am pretty sure we were kept apart because the ONLY person asked to drive the ONLY CAR down to Odessa was ME!!! So, I followed the transfer bus down to Odessa and got on the bus in Odessa. We were able to talk for about 20 min!!!!!! It was a lot of fun!!!! It is probs best we aren't near each other due to the fact that we would talk about home and it would be a little distracting :) but it was fun....

Also In Odessa- THE LORD LOVES ME SO MUCH!! I GOT TO SEE MAMA DUNHAM AND SHE IS MY SISTER TRAINING LEADER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!! I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR THAT SINCE SHE LEFT ME!!!!!!!
Best week of my life!!!...and it just continues to be great!!! 

When we got to Midland we were taken to our area! And everything is so nice!!! Our area is 1X3 miles... very small.. our area book was very well- kept and everything was just ready for us..... even a BAPTISM!!!! SO WE HAD A BAPTISM ON SATURDAY FOR A 13 YEAR OLD!!!!

Sister Ludwinski and I have been doing a bunch of contacting! I am drilling it into her how to effectively contact! She is doing so well! She is just amazing! She didn’t want to serve a mission, but God told her to and she is here so she is going to love it she says!!! Proud of her! She is a go go go go go all the time! I love it! Being a trainer is helping me become a better missionary! I am always making sure I am doing everything to a “T.” I am having better studies! Oh, it is so so so so great!!!
So I will send some pictures of what is going on!!!

So many great things are happening here in Midland! We have 3 baptism dates and they are like legit dates... Here is a little about them!!

LEXI and MCKAYLA: Lexi is 10, Mckayla is 13. They are media referrals. They lived in Utah with their Grandma and always went to church. Their brother is on a mission in Michigan! If you pray that everything goes well with getting dad’s support and permission that would be so great! We have permission, but it's really we need his support to make sure they stay active- pray he might find time to talk with us!!!

AYO- is from Nigeria!! So amazing! We had a great lesson with her about the gospel of Jesus Christ and threw in WOW (Word of Wisdom) AND LOC (Law of Chastity) and she was like, “I didn't know no coffee was a commandment.. well NEVER DRINKING THAT AGAIN!” So yea, life is great !!!!

Pray for them please!!!

Life is so wonderful! I am so happy! And wow, I am going down hill tomorrow :( Only 9  more months to go… and if it goes byas fast as it came.. I'll be home tomorrow...

I had my very fist missionary nightmare 2 nights ago... ya know about the going home thing.... yea hated that!

Love y’all so much <3
SisDaw

Sister Dawes with Elder Thompson


Saying Goodbye to Sister Christofferson (Sis Cris)


Sister Dawes with her new TRAINEE (Sister Ludwinski)


No comments:

Post a Comment