Monday, December 8, 2014

Great Things Are Happening 12.8.14

Hello Everyone,

I am so glad I get to write today!!!!

I don't know what I am going to write about, but it will be great. Mostly I just feel full of love and gratitude.

Sister Hoover and I are working so hard! Sometimes there is a trend in the mission that numbers and work decrease as the transfer ends, but NOT HERE!!!!! We are seeing great miracles. Here are a few:

Charlotte and Jason: Jason is getting a little nervous because he is seeing a lot of truth in what we teach, and he is scared to abandon what he as chosen to believe for such a long time. So he is holding back. Charlotte, on the other hand, is doing AMAZING! She is keeping all commitments this week. She prayed to know if there was a God. She was getting answers, but prayed very broad, so she needs to pray for specifics. Great things are happening!!! We had a family take them to the nativity (WITHOUT US!!!), and they are now friends. They talked about having dinner, and they are now on the Weaver’s family mission plan!! Great things are happening with them!!!!! We love them so much!

This week we were contacting, and we walked up to this big black man. He was so angry; like, his face was so emotionless... It was the most awkward contact. It felt like we were playing 20 questions. But I don't even know what broke the ice, but we ended up teaching the plan of salvation in 20 min., committed him to pray (actually he committed himself), and  we ended up leaving with all of us laughing and "Mormons are not stuck up and rude."

We also met 2 more legit guys yesterday!!!!

Great things are happening. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. It's amazing that even though the hard times at home, or wherever, the gospel brings peace and joy. It is the truth. It is great!!!!

I love it, and I am so grateful to be a missionary!! The church it so true...
 


Have a great week...
Love, Sister Dawes

No comments:

Post a Comment