Monday, October 6, 2014

My Thoughts on General Conference 10/6/14

Hello Everyone,
        So just to clear the air! I LOVE MY COMPANION! Lol. I haven't said much about her, I guess, ‘cuz, well, I don't know! But we get along great! She and I are very alike!!! We have a great relationship! All is well between companions in Plainview, Texas!

        WOW EVERYONE!!! DID Y'ALL JUST LIKE DIE WITH CONFERENCE!!! I HATE THAT IT IS ONLY 8 HOURS!! I WISH IT WERE LIKE 16 OR SOMETHING!! I WOULD LOVE THAT SO, SO, SO MUCH! IT IS LIKE CHRISTMAS FOR MISSONARIES!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THERE ARE 88 THOUSAND MISSIONAIRES??? AND THE MORLEY FAMILY CONTRIBUTES 5 OF ‘EM! SO SWEET!! THE WORK IS AMAZING!!!! 

       Sad news… iPads were not announced at zone Conference. lol!! However, we did GET TO WATCH “MEET THE MORMONS!!!!”  It was so amazing!! I didn't cry, but er'one else did!!!!!!! It comes out this weekend. Everyone needs to go!!! It is showing in price, so be there or.... don't, but if you don't, then you miss out!!!!!!

      Okay, so the meat of my letter! I just wanted to share some thoughts about conference. First, I have a testimony that my mission president is called of God and that he is supposed to be here in the TLM. Everything he has been teaching us the past few months of him being here was talked about in conference!!!

     So, a few things that stood out to me: Shoot! Everything about the sacrament was just amazing!!!! So, so, so, great!!!! Today for personal study I was going over my notes and re-writing some of my thoughts. Here was some personal revelation I had. So each week we have a blank piece of paper… totally white and pure. Throughout the week we punch holes in our paper so it has lots of holes. It's not white and perfect anymore. The paper represents our bodies. Each Sunday we take our imperfect body to church when the sacrament is administered through a deacon acting as Christ; as if he is giving us a new piece of paper to put in front of the one with holes. He doesn't take it way because we need to have it as a reminder, but each week as we go get more pieces of paper we build a thicker barrier between sin and us. Each sacrament we need to remember those sins so we don't do them again. I don't know if this can be considered doctrine, but I liked it!!!
   
     I also loved Che Hung Wong: the one about rescuing those sick with palsy. I also studied that in personal study!!! WOW! The scriptures are amazing! People here in the Bible Belt think they know everything about the Bible!!! Bet they don't know that!!!!!! But it is true how we have to work together!!!

I just don't have enough time to write about everything I loved, but here is my final thought through personal revelation given to me by the Spirit. It was as President Monson was speaking. The thought not applicable to anything he said… the thought was, "Sister Dawes, you have about 23 weeks left on your mission... that's not very long... then, I hear President Monson say, "Be more valiant disciple...." so...... with that... I am now at the end of my race. Springing to the end... I don't have anytime to waist anymore... so run, run, run, as fast as I can!!!

Love y’all so much!!!


Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment