Monday, October 13, 2014

Fasting is Fabulous!

Hello Everyone,
  
     Ironic thing this week, mom sent me an email asking about experiences I've had while fasting, and that has been a big part of my week. So that is what i will write about today!

     We will just start off by saying- the Church is true- that's all there is to it! It is true.-

     After General Conference, I don't know about y’all, but it gave me the drive to do better and be better. One of the things I was told by the Spirit was that I needed to be better at fasting. As missionaries, we go though ups and downs. Sometimes we get discouraged and we just don't know where to go for help. (Now everyone knows I am prideful, so when the scriptures say, "don't rely on the arm of the flesh.." (something like that) I haven't yet mastered that concept." Well, this week I had some lower days, and I was getting so frustrated and the thought came to my mind, “I am so glad it is Fast Sunday!” (That's not a normal thought- oftentimes, I still forget, but this time I didn't.)

     My experience with fasting was more than 24 hours long. I started preparing a few days in advance. During personal studies I was making goals and thinking of what I wanted to fast for. Saturday came  and Sister Brunt and I ate lunch like queens.

     Then we went our own ways to start our fasts--- Usually, I do this with my companions, but this time I needed one for myself. Anyway, it was great. Then, that night, we had a mission wide conference call (that is rare). President Heap invited us to participate in a mission wide fast!!!! It was so cool to think that 260 of us were spread around Western Texas, Eastern New Mexico were sitting there on our knees pleading with the Lord for help. It was a spiritual moment for sure. Then we were invited to talk with our companion about things we want specific help for. So Sister Brunt and I had a great 2 hour conversation about what we were hoping to see from the fast.

     Well, I testify the Lord answers prayers. We went until almost 2:00 yesterday… longer than 24 hours (no time to eat)… but we were not hungry. Both of us said we could have gone longer!!!!! We have seen miracles in just the past day. We were able to figure out how to help an investigator that we needed help to know how to teach her!!!! Things are just amazing in my life right now.

      I feel this letter is really a bad one, but moral of the story is, I have a testimony of fasting. And I know President Heap is my president. He is supposed to be here. I know this church is true, and I will be fasting ALOT MORE!!!!!!


I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH
THE CHRUCH IS TRUE!!!

<3 SISTER DAWES 
     
Eating Like Queens


Eating "Minnion"-aries in my Monster Jammies:)



Friendship Puddles.....




Letters on napkins:)


We are wearing TWINNER shirts:)


No comments:

Post a Comment