Monday, February 3, 2014

Letter 2.3.14

Hello Friends and Family!
     I was so happy to get to many email this week! I wanted to read them all because I don't know how to print here..... so, I don't have a ton of time to write. 

I am sooooooooooooo happy to me on a mission. I just love being here. I just want everyone to know that! I know the church is true and I love my Savior. This gospel blesses families, and I think that is what I have been feeling over this past week. I am so blessed to be born into the family I have been born into. Just knowing how much knowledge we have is so amazing! 

Overview of the week!!!
IT SNOWED YESTERDAY!!!!! I WASN'T EXPECTING THAT! WHEN I READ “TEXAS” I THOUGHT “HOT”!!!!!!!!! I GUESS NOT!!!!!!!!!!! We had the Sister Training Leaders come on Tuesday to do exchanges! It was very great to be able to work two parts of our area to find more investigators!!!!!!!!!! We set 3 baptismal dates!!!!!!!!! 

Denise had a baptismal date for the 15th, but she called us Wednesday and told us that she decided to buy Super Bowl tickets last minute, and that she would be flying out Thursday morning!!!!!!!!! So....... we couldn't try and convince her NOT TO FLY TO NEW YORK!........... AFTER, SISTER TURNER AND I LOOKED AT EACH OTHER AND LAUGHED! ONLY IN TEXAS DO PEOPLE JUST DECIDE TO BUY TICKETS TO THE SUPER BOWL..... (By the way-- work last night (sunday) was very unproductive! The Super Bowl is almost as huge as Christmas..) When we would go up to a door they would say..... Ya'll are brave coming round Super Bowl Sunday..................!! 
We have to change dinises date to the 22nd 

Then Deloris and Robert have a baptismal date for the 22nd! 

This week was Zone Conference and President told us about something his son used to do when he was on a mission. He would send home an email about the people they were teaching and about what they need prayers for. President would print them off and keep it in his pocket and pray for them through out the day. I would like to invite y’all to do that--
so here is a little bit about what my investigators need:


Denise- She is such a great lady! She has such a huge desire to learn! This gospel is seriously what she is looking for and she knows it. The only problem is, we don't get to teach very much because she likes to talk.... so we (sister Turner and I) need prayers to know how to best teach her! We plan on talking to her today or tomorrow about expectations we both have for meeting with each other, and hopefully that will help! But seriously, she is sooooo great!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love her so much!!!!!! She truly is a miracle sent from Heavenly Father! 

Deloris and Robert- this one is more difficult. They both want to learn so much! But they have had to cancel A Lot... and that is really hard for us missionaries.... Tonight we are going to talk about the Word of Wisdom and about the importance of the scriptures. Will y’all pray that Deloris will be able to get Sundays off so she can come to church. Robert told us this week that he is ready to be baptized, but we aren't so sure yet. So it would be great if all would be willing to pray that we can know how to meet his needs. :) 

Then my favorite number #2 story (Denise's is my first), 

While on exchanges we were trying some less-active families. A few weeks ago Sister Turner and I went to a families. The dad was at work the mom was sick, so we talked to the 22 year old daughter, Christian. We found out that she wasn't a member and that her parents didn't push religion on them. So we left it at that. Well, while on exchanges our plans all fell though. As I looked though the list I said.. "Well, I guess we can go to this families house." We got over there and Christian let us in. We tried to talk to the mom, and I really don't remember how everything changed, but Christian was like.... “I've always wondered what y’all believe.” Then goes on and is like, “What makes your church different?” Needless to say, we started teaching the restoration. Then invited her to baptism, (for some reason we didn't set a date) then in my heart I felt prompted to ask her to invite her dad to prepare himself to baptize her............. WE DON'T KNOW HOW THAT IS GOING TO GO, BUT IT WAS FROM THE SPIRIT SO...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH 
For her-- pray that we can get her dad to prepare, and that she will do what is necessary to learn if what we are teaching is true!!!! 


Little miracles every day! I just love being a missionary! 
We will be meeting with all 4 of them throughout the week, so pray that will all go through!!! 
If you also wouldn't mind praying for Jack, and Amy, and James.... I haven't heard from them :/ 

 I love y’all so much!!!!!! 

Have such a great week!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment