Monday, February 24, 2014

5th Transfer- Clovis, New Mexico

Hello Friends and Family, 
Well, let’s be honest really quickly........ We got here to the computers at 10:08. We had to try to find a computer....... when we did, none of them worked...... so ........ it is now 11:05 and i am just starting my emailing process.... I am a little annoyed right now. But it has been a crazy week...... 

We will start off with.......our Knocking Experience.
------ I can't even remember what day it was.... So we were knocking.... First, we went up to a guy weeding and we asked him if we could help him!!! (Love service)!!! He told us he knew exactly who we were and that we were wasting his time.... We JUST WANTED TO HELP! So we continue.... We are close to the end of the block and we see this guy walking with groceries. He sets them down to take a break so we go and talk to him..... When we get up to him (he is about 50-60's) he told us he had had a brain tumor and it looked like he had had a stroke that paralyzed his left side or something. Seriously, I don't know in what order we talked about all this, but here is what he thinks..... Jesus got to the Americas because the Chinese were extremely advanced and from my understanding of what he said they had created this Submarine thing. That got Jesus here... Then that Jesus never really died...... because it takes a few days to die on a cross and he was like "dead" in a matter of hours... (By this time we are helping him carry his food home--- like a Mile away). Then he pulls out the whole spearing his side and blood came out... *** Correct me if I am wrong, but water fell out meaning he was dead, right???**** And I told him that.... Hope that is real information..... Ha Ha Ha..... That got him thinking... Then he was saying that when they took him off the cross and he went to the tomb they put ALOVERA all over his back......... don't know why. Anyway, so we go though that... Then we talk about the Book of Mormon. We get almost done with the conversation. We are at his house by now. We told him we would bring him a Book of Mormon as soon as we got to the car...(because we are unprepared missionaries and didn't have one)............ We set up an apt for later in the week. As we say goodbye he pulls us in for a HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APOSTATE!!!! APOSTATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We leave with haste... forget that we told him we would bring him a Book of Mormon. Go about our business. The next day I remember-- OH STINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE FORGOT TO TAKE A BOOK OF MORMON. So we run it over to his house. We are all smiley and stuff. As we say goodbye I put my hand out to shake his-- he beckons me closer.... I hesitate… he grabs my hand but pulls me in for a hug-- SMELLS MY HAIR-- TELLS ME I SMELL GOOD-- THEN KISSES MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEEDLESS TO SAY WE TOLD THE ELDERS IN OUR AREA ABOUT IT AND THAT THEY NEED TO TAKE OVER........................... SO WE ARE NOT TEACHING HIM NOR WILL WE EVER BE RETURNING..... STRESSED ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not like I felt threatened by him or anything, he was just weird.... 

Next great story....... We are Contacting. We see this lady just sitting in her car so we go up and talk to her... her leg is propped up on her open car door. She just had surgery on it. We are talking. We share with her a little bit. We ask her if there is anything we can do for her. She said "Ya know, just when y’all are praying, think of me and ask that my leg will get better soon so I can go back to work." We told her we sure would and asked if we could pray with her right there...... SHE TOLD US NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE IN TEXAS!!! EVERYONE IS WILLING TO PRAY WITH EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were caught off guard, then she proceeds to tell us that it is dangerous to pray to another religion’s God if you don't know their religion well.... So we were just like...... well................ here is how we pray..... lay it out… and she STILL SAID NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So weird... 
Then another man told us that we were wasting his time.... so awkward......
Those are my funny stories... 

This week was very hard honestly. I was thinking about the Conover’s quite a bit which led me to think about home. And thinking about home is hard, and when our teaching pool is VERY, VERY, SMALL that means you don't have many lessons-- meaning your knocking a lot. That just leaves to time to think... and I HATE THAT!! So, I had to do some “journal therapy" and pray. Then I was able to bounce back. 
Our only real, real, lesson we had this week was with Don. We had it at some members house! The Stubs-- and this is an awful joke but... His last name is ironic because he doesn't have hands... he has hooks.... ***Lightning 3,2,1**** But it went so great... Sadly, Don wasn't able to come to church because he had prison ministry. But he is still solid as ever! 

We didn't even get to see anyone this week :( it was very hard...... 

So, remember when I got my new set of scriptures and I was color coding all of the scriptures in PMG, and what not, in my scriptures.... Well, I would not recommend doing that!!! I don't know who made up PMG, but some of those scriptures you DO NOT SHARE WITH INVESTIGATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! Therefore, for the past few days of studies I have been going though each tab so I can put more scriptures into my lesson plans and take some random tabs out!!!!!!!!!!!! So that is what I have been doing for personal studies!! 
Ha Ha Ha!!! 

Well, the ward I served in was great for one transfer, but it would appear, through my history, I open areas then get white washed out!!!!!!!!!!! So Brownwood has officially been closed for missionaries. And Shadow Hills got new sisters! Sister Turner is going to be in College Park!!!!! And I am going to Clovis, New Mexico serving with Sister Scott! She is from Australia and came out with Sister Turner! She has been in Clovis for a transfer... However, and I hate this... I am Sr. Comp :( ugh fish...  

I am very exited for the new adventure and that I get to go to NEW MEXICO!!!! SUPER HAPPY! 

I still love being here! Can you believe I am almost at 6 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eeekkk!!!!!!!!! 1 year left! It really does fly! 

Anyway, that was a little about my week! 
I love y’all!!! 

Love Sister Dawes 

No comments:

Post a Comment