Monday, October 14, 2013

Brinne's Mission Letter 10.14.13


Well, this week has been an interesting one... no bed bug story… but that was a great one :)

My companionship has concluded that we are in the ward of "miss-fit-toys!" In the nicest way possible they are all AMAZING-- Giving people-- they are just a little all...different!

Tuesday, we had zone conference in San Angelo-- that was fun :) It was fun to see Elder Simmons from the MTC! That day we went to a restaurant called Rosas! It was AWESOME! It was Taco Tuesday so we got 3 tacos, beans and rice for 3.99-- that was sooo exciting!! I loved it!
Because Sister Dunham is a Sister Training Leader (she is in charge of the sisters in our Zone) we stayed in San Angelo to do exchanges with those sisters. It was fun to be able to see how everyone else teaches and what not... or how they don't teach..... :/ It was really sad because at first I was put with a sister and we went to go teach a progressing investigator and this sister didn't talk ---like I talked the whole time, and if I didn't, we would sit in silence... she has been out for, I think, 10 Months.... :( Gratefully I have never had the issue of never talking..... :) That was cool!
(Everyone in the Texas Lubbock Mission are mostly in trios) Exchanges were super fun... however, Wednesday night was a a sad night.
.................
We got back to Brownwood and decided to go visit Chris ,the girl who we love so very much!
This was a surprise visit and we had a member with us. We knocked and Chris came out holding the big B.O.M. and she said "I want to give this back, I just don't want to become a part of your church." We talked for a few moments and we knew if she wasn't going to drop us we were going to have to tell her we couldn't keep coming because she wasn't progressing-- but it was the hardest thing ever. Sister Dunham said it was one of the hardest drops she had ever experienced too. We hugged her and said goodbye and then we cried. It was very,  very hard :( I didn't like it :( Then we went to the park and met these 2 boys.... at first we didn't see the bottle of whisky then we saw it... le’ts just say... they were soooo drunk. However, we got their number and we met up with T.J. Saturday. He is going to be baptized! He is awesome!!! (When he is sober) :)

Monica is a little wishy washie... she went to a different church yesterday. That was really sad for us.

Friday was so much fun! We went to a member’s house with the other sisters for a dinner appointment! They are from Panguich, Utah. They have 3 kids and they love to show off their talents. I have never heard a child offer to play the guitar, sing, knit, or dance without being asked!!! So we had a talent show!!! My talent was doing Fiona’s voice off of "a cinderella story" ** Thank you Erica for teaching  me that! It was a hit!*** they LOVED IT! We laughed for a long time! We also roasted mollows!

Saturday we almost got sprayed by a skunk at 6:30 A.M. Luckily we didn't! That would have been dramatic because Sunday we would have had to speak in church and that would have been bad bad bad!

Sunday we spoke in church! We had 1 investigator there!!!! AWESOME! We all spoke on repentance! It was amazing because we saw tears in the congregation. They were all touched. It is a very special blessing and gift we have that we are able to cast all of our burdens on the Lord. I don't think I ever utilized the atonement like it was meant to be used before I got out here. It really is a beautiful thing, we are so lucky.

Throughout my experience out here I have been able to realize how luck I have been to be raised in the gospel, where I never had to go out searching for anything because it was taught right in my home. :) I did take it for granted. But now I realize the blessings and thank my heavenly father every day for that blessing.

Sunday we also were able to go talk to a new investigator. Also named chris --this one is a boy. It was the 2nd time we were able to talk to him! I don't remember if I wrote about him in my letter last week. He has a 3 year old daughter, single dad claims he makes the best ice tea in Brownwood :) Anyway our lesson yesterday was about the plan of salvation. IT WAS VERY AWKWARD IN THE BEGINNING.... AND THE MIDDLE!!! when we got to the resurrection part he was like "OH YEA, THAT’S WHEN THE ZOMBIES COME!!!!! LIKE THE DECOMPOSED BODIES RISE FROM THE GROUND AND THATS WHEN I GET TO DO GODS WILL AND KILL ALL OF THE ZOMBIES!!!!!!!"........................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................
........................................................(in our minds we are thinking, we are going to just have to drop him he is weird) ........................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................................
.....um...........................................................................................................................................
Not quite........... it's actually when your regular body-- not decomposed-- is reunited with your spirit and it's perfect...... and then we go on teaching from there....
I think he still thinks it's gods will to beat up and kill zombies or bad people.... but by the end we could see and he said he had felt something and that what we were saying makes total sense! That was a relief!! 
He then brought up baptism and how at his last baptism he didn't feel anything and how 2 hours later it was like nothing had happened... then he said "I want a John the Baptist baptism"
---- Lets just say my companionship was not expecting that and we were about to pee ourselves with excitement---- because funny story... WE HAVE THAT!!!!! it was so exciting to teach him that through our church he can have that! 
We didn't drop him-- he is great and he is shooting towards Nov. 2nd (Meggie)!!! We are just going to have to work on the WOW with him :) but it will be great!

Anyway that is how that went. I love being out here! iIam learning to love the scriptures and learning how to relate them to my everyday life :) !!!

Why is today a great day?
Because I am a missionary!

Love you all sooo much!
CTR Always
ETTE! (Endure to the End)
Sister Dawes

No comments:

Post a Comment