Monday, August 11, 2014

Brinne is Being Transferred 8.11.14

Hello Friends and Family!!!

Today’s theme of the letter will be, “The Lord’s hand is in the small things.”

Well, what a week! So, to start off, Saturday was transfer calls!
Mama Dunham will be going home tomorrow :( Let’s talk about my posterity calling her blessed!!! She is amazing and Heavenly Father knew I needed to be with her and she needed to be my mom! She is amazing and I love her so much! She has been with me though the thick and thin of my mission. She was there when I didn't want to be on a mission, when I wanted to be a missionary and when missionary work was AT IT’S HARDEST!!!!!  She has been though it all. The Lord answered my prayers. 1st, I got to kind of "kill her" (She was my STL- so we got to go on exchanges and we got to talk on the phone) and I GET TO RIDE ON THE TRANSFER BUS WITH HER!!!!!!!!! A.K.A. I'M BEING TRANSFERED!!!!
I will be going to Plainview, TX IN THE LUBBOCK ZONE -The Lord answered that prayer! Ever since I left Lubbock I wanted to go back!! Lubbock #thepromised land!!!!!!!! My companion is Sister Brunt. She came out with Skeeter :)

Now for the greatest news of my life!!!!  

At 9:00 P.M.  sharp on Saturday  we got a call from President Heap. He asked for Ski....... (Scary!!!!! He extended a special call to her!!!!! ) MY BABY IS A STL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SISTER TRAINING LEADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE IS A BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is taking after her Grandma (Mama Dunham) being called as a STL her 3rd transfer!! #sheisboss!!!!!!!!!!!!  She will stay here and Sister Brown (Sister Dunham’s current companion will come here) YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY! Ski is so great!!! I am so grateful I was able to be with her and that I got to be her trainer. I tried my absolute best!!!!!!!!!!! I think she turned out alright and apparently so does the Lord!!! :) She will be an amazing leader here in the TLM!!!

Next amazing story-

You might remember Mckayla and Lexi. They got baptized last transfer. Their grandma is a member in Utah. Their mom was a member but now hates the church, and their dad is not a member. Their brother is on a mission in Detroit. Well, when we met them they were living with their dad, and his CRAZY girl friend. It was not a good environment for kids. Their parents were working all the time and when they weren't working they were drunk and it was just a really sad hard environment. Mckayla and Lexie were raising themselves. So the ward stepped in, and well, the girls moved back to Utah on Friday! They are living with Grandma who will take them to church every Sunday and will be amazing examples to them!!!!! I know this email doesn't do justice so how the story really is but some things will just be better telling you in person! So, we will just have to wait for that!!!!!!

I prayed that Heavenly Father would send me to some less actives to love (because Less actives are my favorite) The Lord answered my prayer :) Plainview is a small branch with many less actives-- now I have to go find another Josie and Candice to love :) 

This is a really scattered--- not that greatest letter, but I have to go pack up a storm!!!! I love you so much!!!!!

Love Sister Dawes

Picture #1: Satterfield's giving Brinne a group hug before she is transferred. (Sister Satterfield sent mom these pictures letting her know of her gratitude in having me serve. 
Email from Sister Satterfield: "Hello. This is Ana Satterfield. Your daughter gave me your email so I can share a few photos of our first official home evening. She is truly magnificent and will be missed. I hope to stay in touch as she has had a huge impact on our lives. Thank you so much for supporting her throughout her mission. I'm sure we are but a few of the lives that she has impacted.
Attached are photos of my children. Jacob is the oldest. Then Jazmynn and the twins, Juliana and Jupiter posing with their "Armor" to protect them. We met Sister Dawes on the day of my son's baptism. This is her playing the piano. Also, attached are pictures we took last night for her last visit with us. Thanks again. You have a wonderful daughter and you should be so proud:)









Sister Ludwinski's mom sent my mom this clipart picture and said, "Look, it's Sister Dawes and Sister Lunwinski!!!" How cute is that?!?!?!


 Packing up Lexi and Mckayla so they can move to Utah.  


No comments:

Post a Comment