Monday, July 14, 2014

My Purpose

Man, oh man, the past few months have been really hard, like REALLY hard. It's been one thing after another, and I just haven't been able to get out of the rut I was in. Well, this week some great things were able to happen. First, I had a break down on Sister Dunham (The lord loves me and I am so grateful she is still my STL). So, we had emergency exchanges. I went to Odessa and just talked about life nearly the whole day. Lots of tears, and lots of personal revelation. I realized why I was going through what I have been feeling and that was amazing. Sister Dunham had just got done making her personal mission statement so she shared it with me-- it was great.

How you find YOUR PURPOSE: Take a paper and a pen and write down everything that could be your purpose. Normally it takes 15-20 min to clear all sorts of crap out of your head then you write and write and eventually the Spirit makes you cry and you know what your purpose is... Normally this process doesn't take too long.... Well, I went on for 3 hours....... and found NOTHING. So, I gave up! Wednesday came back to Midland and read my P-Blessing and found my purpose. Here is what I found as My Purpose:  

What is my true purpose in life…

      To be happy, to be really happy, and to make others feel happy.

I am best when I: consecrate myself to the Lord and willingly submit to His will. I am also at my best when I am learning and growing and understanding the principles of the gospel. Causing myself to make good decisions and ultimately allowing myself to be happy, truly happy.

I will try to prevent times when I: run faster than I have strength, overburdening myself with responsibilities and causing myself to have problems.

I will enjoy my work by: finding opportunities where I can make others feel truly happy. By expressing my love for the Savior, and how I have seen the gospel mold and shape me into whom I am today. I will invite them to partake of this fruitful message.

I will find enjoyment in my personal life by: studying deeply the principles of the gospel and history of the world. I will need to take time to have frequent personal interviews with the Godhead.

I will find opportunities to use my natural talents and gifts such as: having a keen mind, strong personality, and a determination to do what is right. As I do this people will rally with me in righteous living.

I can do anything I put my mind to: I will be courageous and stand up for those things I know are right all day long.

My life journey is to: be a missionary in all phases of my life and influence others to choose the right.

My most important future contribution to others will be: successfully help them live the principles of the gospel. This can come by teaching as a full-time missionary, a member missionary or a mother.

I will be a person who is: kind, loving, compassionate and truly loving of all of God’s children regardless of the circumstances or situations they may be in.

I will stop procrastinating and start working on: allowing my pride to step aside and let the Atonement heal me.

I will strive to incorporate the following attribute into my life: humility, wisdom and patience

I will consistently review myself by focusing on four dimensions of my life:
1.       My Eternal Perspective
2.       My Exact Obedience
3.       My Physical Heath
4.       My Personal Relationship with Christ

As I remember these things, learn to be truly happy and invite others to partake of this happiness, I will fulfill all that Heavenly Father wants for me and I will be TRULY HAPPY.
HOW GREAT IS MY CALLING!



Sister Brinne Karee Dawes
July 9, 2014


So, those are my thoughts for the week.
All, the lord really wants for me it to be truly happy :)

I love y'all so much!

Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment