Monday, September 23, 2013

Brinne's 9.23.13 Letter (WEEK 2 in Texas)


Hello Family!

        Thank you everyone who sent me letters :) They are very exciting to read!!! I am sorry I won't able to respond to them --they came too late on Monday! But, you’ll get letters today!!

        Congradulations to Erica and Kenzie!! I am so proud of both of you! I am sure it was a great day for you!!!
         Congradulations to Keaden and Kenzie-- tomorrow is the big day!!! Thanks for the announcement-- it made me soo excited!!! Best of luck!!
        Aunt Nat, Thank you for sending me a letter! And yes, you have permission :)

Now for my week!!

This week has been full of tons of knocking doors and tracting in the park!
W-e have an older ward and lots of less actives, so we have been visiting them and trying to get to all of the members houses as well.

When we got here we were knocking a richer part of town. We met Amada there. I think I told you a little bit about her! We went and saw her again. She talked for 1 1/2 hours, and we said about 10 words!! But on Tuesday we have an appointment at her studio, and she is going to sketch us while we give her the discussions!!! Hee hee hee!! Very excited!!

We also were going through “formers” and I kept looking at a gal named Heather. We stopped by a few times and she wasn't there. We got her the other day and she let us right in! She hasn't been baptized into any church! (WEIRD FOR THIS PLACE) and she is willing to listen. I invited her to baptism… she agreed on Oct. 12. She didn’t come to church. She has to come twice so she can. I hope things work out with her!

The next one is Chris! She is an older lady kind of blind! She was a referral from the other sisters. She agrees with everything we have said, and Sister Clark invited her to baptism for Oct 5. She said she would pray about it. When we returned, she said she prayed about it and talked to her son (who went to school to be a preacher) and she didn’t feel like she needed to again.. didn't understand priesthood :( She didn't come to church so we will have to push her date back.

As we were knocking (it's not very successful here) we knocked into a guy named Bill-- old retired baptist guy. He invited us back but not really to be converted. Just to talk. We went back the other day, he let us right in! He said, "Well, my neighbor used to talk to missionaries and I was never interested-- they tried to give me a Book of Mormon and I wouldn't take it! Today, my wife asked me why I let y’all come back and I told her I don't know why." He is a huge jokester, so while we were teaching he would tell a few jokes! In the end we had taught him the restoration and we asked if we could leave a Book of Mormon with him and he said, “nah you best give it to someone who will read it and things.” And I just told him well we are going to mark a chapter and leave it, and if you want to read it you can and your life will change if you do. We handed it to him and we wouldn't let go. He is going to read it-- I know it!!

The next lady we knocked into --she is from Blanket, Texas! She is very Baptist!!! She wouldn't let us in her house so we just made friends with her and talked for about 45 min and she said we could come back so we did! We did the restoration. It's amazing to see people’s countenance change when we clear up all the misconceptions about us… like how we don't worship Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon in a record from the Americas ---not just verses from the bible in a smaller book!! Snd they show interest! she is a great lady!!! Things are going to go far with her!

We fasted Sunday! One of the things we fasted for were miracles! And oh boy did we see some! The first one, we were knocking a trailer park and we knocked on this guy’s-- he opened the door and he looked drunk! We introduced ourselves and he was like “I don't want anything—nothing-- nope –bye-- and he shut the door….. so we moved to the next. They didn't answer. Next thing we know this drunk guy is chasing after us. (Your blood pressure is rising isn't it!) Well this isn't that kind of story. He stops us and asks- "Do you have something I can read?" We gave him a pass along card and a Book of Mormon. He read our nametags and he said I've seen a tv commercial about that church. Give me 2-3 weeks to read this. We told him he didn't have to read it all and gave him a chapter to read. We are going to go back this week to see if he did! WOULDN'T THAT BE THE COOLEST STORY!!! I am excited to see where it goes.

The next one- we were at the park and this guy RUNS UP TO US....RUNS!!!! PEOPLE NEVER RUN TO US! THEY RUN AWAY FROM US!!! And he is like “what are y’all preaching about?” We tell him and we are going to go see him this week too!

The last one is awesome. It was late. We are in the park (we are in drug town) so it's time to leave! But Sister Clark was like, “we can't leave yet. Let’s keep walking.” So we did and we saw a younger guy. We introduced ourselves, did our little speal, and he was like, “I don't know if I believe in this I gave him a Book of Mormon. We all testified and we told him we'd give him a call. We started to leave and he stopped us and said "I was in foster care and they tried to shove religion down me and I hated that so that’s the way I am, but because of y’all I might not accept this right now, but you guys helped put me back on the right track!
We helped him out!!

Anyway, that’s all the time I have. I love you soo much!
I am sorry I can't send pictures... I don't know how to do it without sending one at a time???? I think it's the emailing system..

Talk to you next week!!!
I love you sooooooo much :)

Sister dawes
ctralwys
please send to grandma :)

No comments:

Post a Comment